Thursday, November 27, 2008

Away

So... am back in Mombasa, my favorite vacation spot in the entire world! Only am not on vacation, but attending the annual retreat of the Nairobi Chapel lead pastors. Great to catch up and to hear what God is doing in all the other churches. As well as to synchronize plans for 2009…Am definitely privileged to be part of the Chapel family; what a great team of leaders!

More and more I’m realizing that one of my biggest responsibilities is developing other leaders around me. An ancient Chinese proverb supposedly (not quite sure how ancient or how Chinese) says, ‘If you are planning for one year, grow rice. If you are planning for twenty years, grow trees. If you are planning for centuries, grow men’. I’m the product of much investment by others and I pray that God will use me to invest in and develop great leaders around me in my lifetime.

Next week though, I do get to stay behind and vacation @ the Coast for a few days with Carol & the kids. We’ll be staying with some good friends and I look forward to some R & R. Changing the world can hold off till next year!

3 comments:

S said...

Have a good time

Unknown said...

Sounds heavenly pastor m!!! cant say much about the wet, windy, cold and dark weather we having here in the uk...bbrrrrrrr

when back to work could you please remind mr. x to put up the november sermons online? listened to pastor si's sermons on attitudes for the nth time now sasa nimeboeka and anxiously waiting for the novemebr ones!

God bless,
Jules

Pst. M said...

No problemo Jules. Wish I could email you some sun and sand! Pst. M