Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Leaders on Leadership

Had a wonderful Leader’s Day at Mavuno last weekend (5th April)... The most incredible feeling in life is to have a passion worth dying for, and the best friends in life are those who share that passion. Maybe that’s why 300 is one of my movie favorites! And - speaking of leaders, I find the following quotes by leaders about leadership quite inspiring…

*To accomplish big things, I am convinced you must first dream big dreams(Conrad Hilton)
*Where there is no vision, the people perish (Proverbs 29:18)
*Our aspirations are our possibilities (Robert Browning)
*The secret of success is consistence of purpose (Benjamin Disraeli)
*Leaders articulate and define what has previously remained implicit or unsaid; then they invent images, metaphors and models that provide a focus for new attention. (Warren Bennis and Burt Wanus)

And, my favorite…

*The only institutions that have enough resources to perform their tasks are those with small visions (David Allen Hubbard)

Here are fun pictures from our team building time:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaani Pasi I'm from the 'there are no coincidences, only God-incidences' school of thought.

So visiting your blog after you mentioned it jana, and reading these quotes has left me laughing at how, once again, the Lord is yelling 'check mate' in our best of 'n' chess game. (where 'n' is infinity)

Let's just say this is a word in season... a billboard with flashing neon lights which I can only ignore at my own peril. :)

I don't suppose you have any hints on goal-setting somewhere under your belt?

Pst. M said...

Hey haj, great to hear from you! I'll see what I can rustle up. Have a great week!